SoftBums HOSTS the 2014 Great Cloth Diaper Change!
Get your tickets NOW!! You don't want to miss out this year with GREAT prizes and FREE Diapers for every attendee!
games, raffles, and more!
Bring your baby! Bring your Excitement! let's get this party started!
We are so excited to be hosting this again this year in a new location!!
What is the GCDC? All over the world at 11 o’clock local time, parents & their babies try to set a Guinness Book of World Records for the most Cloth Diapers changed at one time. What a great way to show the world how many people are already choosing and using reusable cloth diapers successfully.
Think we can beat it this year? last year's world record is 8,301 cloth diapers changed at one time at 182 qualifying locations in 15 countries: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Switzerland, Chile, Germany, Spain, Finland, Great Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, United States!
We will have lots of activites, GIVEAWAYS!! and FUN for the whole family.
The First 25 people to register online for the event gets entered in a drawing for a FREE 2014 Event baby shirt. At the event participants will receive SWAG BAGS full of Samples, Coupons and of course some SOFTBUMS Goodies.
What Other Activites will take place at the event?
- SoftBums Store: We will have a special discount for families participating to enter the GCDC
- Kids Craft Table: If you have older kids that aren't participating in the event that would enjoy coloring, playdoh or to make a earth day craft.
- Dad Diaper Change Contest: Think you can beat the other dads? Let's see your stuff!
- CONTESTS: Who doesn't like a little friendly competition & prizes?
10am-10:45am Check in with registration just outside. You will get a raffle ticket when you check in, as you enter the room for the change a witness will be taking half of your ticket to count you in (keep your other half it will have a number on we will use for the giveaway drawings)
10:45am everyone needs to find their spot.
10:55 The Photographer will take a BEFORE shot of the group holding up their cloth diapers to be changed in the air.
11:00am we will sound a alarm to start the change.
11:05am We'll will take a AFTER photo of the group holding up their babies with the changed diaper. Then we will take a group picture.
12:00pm a CLOTH 101 CLASS FOR FREE! So please stay and hang out with us!
Are you interested in using cloth diapers and just want to come to get some info from experts. We will have an info booth set up with someone to help you. Even if you don't currently use cloth diapers you can still participate! Let us show you how easy, economical and eco-friendly cloth diapering can be! We will have diapers on site to buy or borrow to use for the change.
1. Arrive on time (10am- 10:30am)! The "change" happens at 11:00am but you must arrive at 10:30am in order to check in and for us to be able to count everyone.
2. BYO reusable cloth diapers. For this record, each baby must be changed from a cloth or disposable diaper into a reusable cloth diaper that must be able to be purchased online or in a retail store. Unfortunately, homemade diapers that are not commercially available cannot be used. This is a very strict rule from Guinness World RecordsTM. Also trainers will not count. It must be a 100% reusable cloth diaper.
3. All babies and toddlers to be changed must be 39 inches or shorter. If you are bringing older children, we'll have a supervised play area just outside the changing area so it doesn't get too crowded, or bring another parent or grandparent to take the older kids
4. Each baby must be paired with exactly one adult participant.
5. Plan for contingencies: don't forget your wetbag, extra wipes, a changing pad, and a healthy dose of good humor!
We would LOVE to thank all our Sponsors for our location event:
If you wish to donate to the Real Diaper Association (RDA) there is an option to do so here. The Real Diaper Association, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, provides support and education to parents all across North America for the use of simple, reusable cloth diapers. RDA makes this event possible.
I, the undersigned, do hereby consent and agree that the Great Cloth Diaper ChangeSM hosts, organizers, Guinness World RecordsTM, and their employees, or agents have the right to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of me and my child on April 26, 2014 and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, and exclusively for the purpose of publicizing and documenting the Great Cloth Diaper Change. I further consent that my name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary. I do hereby release to the Great Cloth Diaper ChangeSM hosts, organizers, Guinness World RecordsTM, its agents, and employees all rights to exhibit this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately and to market and sell copies. I waive any rights, claims, or interest I may have to control the use of my identity or likeness in whatever media used. I understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration for recording me, either for initial or subsequent transmission or playback.
(photos will only be taken before the change, and after, no photos will be submitted as evidence that doesn't respect any childs privacy)
I also understand that the Great Cloth Diaper ChangeSM hosts, organizers, and Guinness World RecordsTM are not responsible for any expense or liability incurred as a result of my participation in this recording, including medical expenses due to any sickness or injury incurred as a result.
I represent that I am at least 18 years of age, have read and understand the foregoing statement, and am competent to execute this agreement.