What is working, What is not? Day 5:
- Trim, trim trim.. Flats & SoftBums are a very trim combination!
- Flats & handwashing has far less staining & smell cleaner & wash up nicely.
- It's easier to know if they are clean (sud free & not stinky) because you visually see them washing out vs periodically opening the washer.
What's not working:
- Poop on the floor! Not once but 2x this week so far. Reason, not having enough covers - 1 more shell would be ideal, then I wouldn't be waiting for one to dry while our son decides to soil the carpet!
- Not having enough absorbency at night- 2 flat's are ok but its bulky and we are used to our SoftBums OS Bamboo and a mini pod.
- Washing at night, bad idea.. For starters I am already exhausted from trying to get our kids to bed. Then trying to handwash is a workout in itself. Washing in the morning works much better then they have all afternoon to dry in the sun.
- One flat (I am guessing these Target FST are not the best quality you can get) last us about 1 hour, So I have been having to add half a fst pad folded as a doubler. With this combo he will last about 2-2.5 hours which is good timing for our schedule.
Folds that are working and not:
- Pad fold is the best, far less messy poop, easier to clean. Easy to stuff in the Omni for bed.
- Airplane & origami & others are great and look very nice under our SoftBums but they do require time to fold them and a cooperative child to put on the diaper it can be frustrating.
- The diaper bag fold is nice and convenient to pre-fold and have ready in the "diaper bag" imagine that.. lol